Construction is one of the most dangerous jobs in America, with a fatality rate that's more than double the national average. It's also one of the toughest industries to keep up with technology changes—construction workers need rugged tablets that can withstand rough conditions while still getting the job done. We've rounded up some of the best construction rugged tablets on the market today so you can easily find one that fits your needs!
Is A Tablet Good For Construction?
Construction workers need to be able to get information quickly, and a tablet is one of the best ways to do that. The best construction rugged tablets can be used as a mobile office, allowing you to easily access data, manuals and other important documents at any time. Construction workers are also in need of communicating with their colleagues and clients in real-time.
A rugged tablet is perfect for taking photos of sites you are working on because it allows you to capture images quickly without worrying about any damage occurring due to environmental factors such as water or dust getting into the device’s ports or switches/buttons being pressed accidentally by mistake during usage (which can cause damage over time).
Rugged tablets also offer many benefits for construction workers, such as:
- Improved productivity and efficiency: Rugged tablets can help construction workers complete tasks faster and more accurately, such as measuring, estimating, scheduling, invoicing, and reporting. Rugged tablets can also reduce paper waste and errors by digitizing forms and documents.
- Enhanced collaboration and communication: Rugged tablets can help construction workers stay connected with their team members and managers, as well as clients and contractors. Rugged tablets can enable real-time data sharing, video conferencing, instant messaging, and cloud storage.
- Increased safety and security: Rugged tablets can help construction workers avoid accidents and injuries by providing them with safety alerts, instructions, and guidelines. Rugged tablets can also protect sensitive data from unauthorized access or theft by using encryption, password protection, and biometric authentication.
Tablets for Construction Management
If you're a construction manager, one of these rugged tablets would be an invaluable tool. A rugged tablet with an integrated barcode scanner can help keep track of all materials needed for each project and ensure everything goes smoothly when it comes time to build something new or renovate an older building.
If you're looking for a tablet that can stand up to the tough conditions of working outdoors, we've got an assortment of rugged tablets for construction management. When it comes to these devices, you'll want something that's durable enough to withstand heavy use and withstand the elements; keep in mind that they may be out in the rain or snow, so a waterproof tablet is ideal if you need one.
Our selection includes Panasonic Toughbook and Dell Rugged Latitude tablets with large displays and keyboards that are easy to type on while wearing gloves or using rain gear—and some models even pair with Bluetooth headsets so you can keep your hands free while making calls over their built-in speakers.
|Panasonic Toughbook 33
|2160 x 1440
|256 GB SSD
|Dell Latitude 7212
|1920 x 1080
|256 GB SSD
|Panasonic Toughbook G1
|1920 x 1200
|256 GB SSD
Tablets for Construction Workers
Construction workers need tablets to do their job as effectively as possible. Their work takes them all over the place, and they want something lightweight, portable, and durable that can withstand the elements.
Toughbook tablets are a great choice for construction workers because they are versatile enough to be used for field data collection and management. They can also be used for communication, navigation, mapping and more. The best part? You don't have to worry about messing up your tablet when you're out on site!
|Panasonic Toughbook 20
|1920 x 1200
|256 GB SSD
|Panasonic Toughbook A3
|1920 x 1200
|64 GB eMMC
|Panasonic Toughbook N1
|1280 x 720
|32 GB eMMC
Best Tablet For Outdoor Use
If you're looking for a tablet that can withstand extreme conditions, a rugged tablet is the way to go. Rugged tablets are made from tough materials and tested in harsh environments, so they're more resistant to dust and water than other tablets. They also offer high-resolution displays and long battery lives.
1. Panasonic Toughbook 33
Panasonic's line of Toughbook computers are known for their durability. The Panasonic Toughbook 33 is no exception, with a 12-inch touchscreen display that's designed to survive drops from up to 10 feet high.
It features an Intel Core i5 processor and up to 16GB RAM, which makes it good for running multiple applications at once. It also has built-in GPS and works with Bluetooth technology so you can easily connect other devices like headsets or speakers while working outdoors on construction sites.
- Shrugs off abuse that would shatter ordinary 2-in-1s
- Plenty of ports
- Super-bright touch screen for outdoor visibility
- First class webcam
- Expensive and heavy
- Lackluster batter life with standard cells in test unit
- Optional long life cells add bulk
- Tiny touchpad, designed for gloved use, can balk at bare fingers
2. Dell Latitude 7212
If you're looking for a business-ready rugged tablet that's ready to go anywhere, the Dell Latitude 7212 is a great choice. It comes with a high resolution display, military spec durability and 8 hours of battery life—all wrapped up in an IP65 rated chassis that's water resistant and dust resistant.
The built-in Windows 10 Pro OS offers reliable performance on the job site or wherever you need it most.
- Very bright, polarized screen
- Long lasting batteries are hot-swappable
- Extensive selection of accessories
- Keyboard cover is a pricey extra
- Unresponsive touchpad
3. Panasonic Toughbook G1
If you're looking for a tablet that's rugged, lightweight and waterproof, the Panasonic Toughbook G1 is a great choice. It's designed to withstand drops and harsh weather conditions as well as being waterproof up to 1 meter.
It has a built-in GPS so you can easily find your current location on site. The large screen with high resolution makes it easy to read information from maps or blueprints even from far away.
The battery life on this rugged tablet is also quite impressive at up to 10 hours depending on what type of work you're doing with it during that time period (i.e., whether you're using wifi/bluetooth).
- Solid performance
- Super rugged design survives all sorts of abuse
- Light and slim
- Multi-Touch display
- Great display combines high-resolution, brightness, and capacitive touch
- Only one USB port (two with optional USB module)
- Low quantity (Selling out)
These rugged tablets are the best option for construction workers. They are durable and can withstand outdoor use, making them ideal for a field full of harsh conditions. These devices also come with features that will help you do your job more efficiently. With their ability to withstand drops and spills as well as being waterproof up to 5 feet deep in water, they're perfect for construction workers who want an easy way to track their progress while on site or during transport across rough terrain without worrying about damaging their equipment.